What are some good statements regarding the saying “You know you are in Bihar”
Well, there are many instances for this. Lets go through few of them:
1. When there are already 5 people sitting on a seat made for three on a train and a person comes and says,” Bhaiya, tanik ghasakiye na, hum bhi baith jayenge“. You can be sure you are in Bihar. And yes people do oblige. And yes it is a positive thing to do.
2. When you are riding with a lady behind on your two wheeler and someone intentionally overtakes you to say,” Behenjee ki sari chakke me aa jayegi, thoda sambhal lijiye“.You can be sure you are in Bihar. An effort to help someone indeed.
3. When you go uninvited and uninformed into someone’s home and come out tummy full, even though you had insisted not to be hungry, you can be sure you are in Bihar.
4. When you see a man dressed in sober trousers and shirt chatting to a daily wage worker on a tea shop about politics, you can be sure you are in Bihar.
5. When you see a beautiful girl being adressed by everyone around as Behenjee, you can be sure you are in Bihar.
6. When you see huge population of students attending schools and coaching classes throughout the day and not complaining about not having time to play or relax, you can be sure you are in Bihar.
7. When on a day of declaration of results of IIT or UPSC you get sweets from 4 to 5 neighbours as if someone or the other from every house in your neighbour is clearing the exams, you can be sure you are in Bihar.
8. When a marriage in a house means functions, preparations and celebrations in the entire village, you can be sure you are in Bihar.
9. When you find betel stains on every corner, you can be sure you are in Bihar. Yes we do have some bad habits as well, which is there to stay for some more time atleast.
10. When people searching for rickshaw or taxi summon them with ‘Bhaiya‘ or ‘Chachcha‘ and talk to them with respect, you can be sure you are in Bihar. Yes, there are many instances that can make you feel you are in Bihar. I have illustrated just a few of them.
Answered by Asad Tanvir on Quora!