Jal-Jeevan Hariyali Abhiyaan has been launched by CM Nitish Kumar on the occasion of Bihar Prithvi divas which was on the 9th of August. As per the CM’s instructions, the JJH, Abhiyaan would be implemented in the form of mission. These are the 5 major things that you must have to know about this JJH campaign-
- The state cabinet approved a huge amount of 24,524 crores for the govt’s Jal-Jivan-Hariyali Abhiyaan (JJHA) to be implemented in Bihar over the next three years from this fiscal.
- Rural development department principal secretary Arwind Choudhary said Rs.5,870 crore would be spent on JJHA during the current fiscal, Rs.9874 crores in 2020-21 and the remaining Rs 8,780 crore in the 2021-22 financial year. A sum of Rs. 23.39 crore would be spent on the constitution of JJH mission.
- The entire project will be completed between the duration of 3 years. It also has technical aspects like satellite mapping.
- The JJH mission will be headed by an IAS officer as its CEO. It is to be manned by professionals and experts and would function under the overall monitoring by Vikas Mission. The state-level committee would be headed by parliamentary affairs minister Shrawan Kumar who is also the rural development minister.
- The aim of the project is identification and renovation of ponds and other traditional modes of water conservation like ‘Aahar’ and ‘Paaeen’ using satellite mapping Survey, the ponds, Aahar and paaeens have been identified. The maps have been sent to the respective districts. They would be renovated and new sources for water conservation would also be explored depending on the area.
Written by Raj Kamal
Quote of the day- We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one.- Tom Hiddleston