Old monuments have kept the historical importance alive and recent constructions in Bihar are setting the good architectural standard as well. One of them is Samrat Ashok International Convention Centre also known as Ashoka Convention Centre is a newly constructed establishment. It upgrades the infrastructure game of Bihar. The Convention Centre is an architectural marvel, which spreads over a large area, and has added to the beauty of Bihar.
We, at Patnabeats, present to you 5 facts you must know about this splendid structure –
1. The construction of the marvellous Ashoka convention centre was completed in just 3 years. The foundation was laid in February 2014 by Nitish Kumar, the Chief Minister of Bihar. It was completed by April 2017. Such a magnificent structure being built in such a short time period is a matter of pride.
2. The Samrat Ashoka convention Centre comprises of three major signature buildings–
• Bapu Sabhagaar – An auditorium with a seating capacity of a whopping 5000.
• Gyan Bhawan – Another auditorium with a seating capacity of 800.
• Sabhyata Dwaar – a large structure depicting the art style of the Mauryan era.
3. This project was conceptualized in 2012 during the Global Bihar Summit to unburden the load of S.K.Memorial Hall which holds the capacity to seat only 1500 people.The Government spent an amount of about 490 crores to build this extension of 12 acres, which generated employment and created income for many people.
4. A jaw dropping fact is that the beautiful Eiffel Tower in Paris used 7000 metric tonnes of iron during its construction whereas our very own Convention Centre is also an iron framework built with 16,500 metric tonnes of iron which is more than the amount used in the construction of the Eiffel Tower.
5. Another important fact that restores the Bihar’s glory is that the Samrat Ashoka Convention Centre won the 10th Construction Industry Development Council Vishwakarma Achievement Award in February 2018. The award is given to the best construction projects in India based on criteria such as engagement of new technologies, impact on the environment, deployment of green technologies, the social impact created by the project etc.
[divider]Also Read- 7 Facts You Must Know About Nalanda University[/divider]
These 5 facts are the basic details one should know about the awarded hall of our state. Patnabeats is trying to make every Bihari aware of their state in every possible way. Share this with your friends to make them know these primary facts.
Quote of the day:“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ―
Also Watch :